[Mageia-discuss] Wish List

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Sun Oct 3 21:45:41 CEST 2010

Le 2010-10-03 15:30, Robert Wood a écrit :
>> Actually, Ubuntu's naming convention is perfect for their target
>> market, there
>> must be something right about it because it certainly hasn't hurt
>> their market
>> share.
>>
>> Besides which doing something because of a negative attitude is not a
>> good
>> idea. We should learn from there mistakes and make sure we don't
>> repeat them
>> rather than trying to avoid what was patently successful for them. :)
>
> I don't think it necessarily follows though that they are successful due
> to that naming convention. They might do even better were it not so naff
> a scheme. ;~)

If anything that Ubuntu is good at, it is to market their brand. They
make sure consistently that their name is in some kind of media corner,
and, as often as possible. I also don't think that their naming
convention has too much to do with this. It is mostly due to their
marketing knowledge and timing.

Marc