[Mageia-discuss] IRC community channels - need a ruling from the board

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Sun Oct 3 22:29:42 CEST 2010

Le 2010-10-03 15:43, Romain d'Alverny a écrit :
> Le 3 oct. 2010 à 21:12, Patricia Fraser<trish at thefrasers.org>  a écrit :
>> SO, what we need to know is: are we going by geography (two-letter
>> country codes as per the ISO list here:
>> http://www.iso.org/iso/english_country_names_and_code_elements). or by
>> language (such as en-gb)?
>
> Depends what people join channels for: language or local acquaintances?
>
> I would say we are going by language; that's what we will do for Web sites.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Romain

Could we follow conventional schemes such as:

ISO Country codes as found here:
http://www.iso.org/iso/english_country_names_and_code_elements --
normally 2 letter code

ISO Language codes as found here: http://www.sil.org/iso639-3/codes.asp
-- normally 3 letter code for language (or you could also use the
http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_list.php -- also 3 letter
code)

At least we would be follow standardized nomenclature schemes.

Marc