[Mageia-discuss] Mailing List to Web Forum Bidirectional Gateway

Maât maat-ml at vilarem.net
Mon Oct 4 16:37:53 CEST 2010

Le 04/10/2010 16:26, Marc Paré a écrit :
> Le 2010-10-04 10:11, Maât a écrit :
>> Le 04/10/2010 13:21, Marc Paré a écrit :
>>> I view the bidirectional gateway more like a salad bowl. You come to
>>> the table and pick through the salad and eat what you wish. You are
>>> not forced to eat everything.
>>>
>> devs or pakagers upset by mindless discussions will just drop your
>> bowl :)
>>
>> and that's precisely what we should try to avoid :)
>>

> Not quite sure what you mean. So by letting devs pick out the
> conversations that they would like to choose and follow, they will not
> want to participate?
>
> Marc

I mean that if you flood them with forum posts by users happy to post
all their lives into the bridge devs will add a rule to drop
automatically everything coming from the forum (and grunt about wasted
bandwidth)

And if they dont use the rule approach they will simply unsuscribe...
you will not force devs to cooperate... you will not have them cooperate
without making big efforts to filter topics they don't want to see.

They are skilled enough to make all your efforts to force them useless
however hard you try.

And the global community (all contrib and users included) is to have
devs employed to tasks they alone are able to do :)

So this is *also* in the best users interest to avoid bothering devs
with useless mail reading or questions that support or advanced users
can perfectly deal with :)

Maât