[Mageia-discuss] Mailing List to Web Forum Bidirectional Gateway

Frederic Janssens fjanss at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 17:32:11 CEST 2010

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 16:35, Patricia Fraser <trish at thefrasers.org> wrote:

> And if users are rude and nasty to devs or packagers, then there won't
> be a distro. So, we need to find ways to help both sets of people be
> good to each other - understanding, polite and make sure that users get
> to know which forums/MLs/IRC channels are the right ones to use, and
> how to do proper bug reports, and devs/packagers know to show users
> where to go for help/how to report bugs etc.

Yes, it is best not taken as an all/nothing issue.
I think we need to find or invent a diversified structure, whith clear
directions and rules, partly automatically enforced, partly by moderation.
(And progressively automatise frequent problems dectected by moderators.)

The aim is to :

1. prevent users from seeing no way to report problems, and those who think
they have reported a problem from feeling nobody listens

2. prevent devs/packagers from beeing flooded

There will probably be some trial and error involved, but if we succeed  I
think there will be a great payoff.

I also think there will be a need, at least initially, for more moderators,
and at different levels.

--

Frederic