[Mageia-discuss] Mageia governance model draft

Jerome Quelin jquelin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 19:50:33 CEST 2010

On 10/10/04 18:54 +0200, Remco Rijnders wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 03:26:39PM +0200, Romain d'Alverny wrote:
> > To summarize, the whole project is organized in several groups:
> >
> >  * Mageia project Teams (developers, packagers, docs, translators, designers,
> >    etc. sponsored/mentored from the whole community),
> >
> >  * Mageia project Community Council (people elected from each team),
> >
> >  * Mageia association members (basically, founding association members & past
> >    members of the council who can be on and elect the board),
> >
> >  * Mageia project & association Board (direction of the project).
>
> Romain,
>
> I read on the wiki that the association members are expected to attend
> general assembly meetings, which I understand are to take place in some
> physical location. Missing two of these meetings in a row is reason to be
> stripped of "active member" status.

you missed the "(or not being represented)":

 not attending (or not being represented) at two consecutive general
 assemblies; she then become honorific member of the association.

it's therefore possible to give your voting power to someone else - even
with some voting instructions. and there may be some voting software
that can palliate this (epoll?)

jérôme
jquelin at gmail.com