[Mageia-discuss] Mailing List to Web Forum Bidirectional Gateway

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 4 19:56:37 CEST 2010

2010/10/4 Maât <maat-ml at vilarem.net>:

> We don't want this because Mageia IS thought to remain as user friendly
> as possible. Considering that there is no problem there and letting
> forums and lists flood each other would be a dramatic mistake. And
> that's just hiding yourself the obvious imho :)
>
> So i respectfully but *totally* diagree with you on these points :)

You are aware that you keep running around the same point all the
time, right? The same reasons given again and again although they were
taken care of long ago in this thread.

I repeat:
I do see your points as I see Michael's points and others. But nobody
is talking about a flooding of anything. It has been said several
times that the implementation of this gateway section has to be
watched by guidelines and moderators to enforce these guidelines. This
way users will learn to avoid the usual userland discussions on the
gateway, there's lots of room for that in the rest of the forum. It
may take a short time to get the message through to them but it can
work if we try and (of course) if the developpers will be patient
during this initial stage.

wobo