[Mageia-discuss] Mailing List to Web Forum Bidirectional Gateway

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 5 18:23:14 CEST 2010

2010/10/5 Tux99 <tux99-mga at uridium.org>:
> On Tue, 5 Oct 2010, Maāt wrote:
>
> For example I will be on the forum too, occasionally helping newbies, I
> might spot someone reporting what looks like a bug in app that i have
> packaged so i might look at it straightaway (bypassing the bug/triage
> team), etc.
>
> So I hope the Mageia leaders will keep this into account and encourage
> mixing between the teams, rather than rigid separation.

The point of the structure is not separating tasks but ensuring that
people who volunteered for one task will have the time and commitment
to carry out this task not only occasionally but for the whole time he
can dedicate to Mageia. Of course you can do support and translation
and triage,, etc. occasionally. But as a Moderator you have an
obligation to be present once you committed yourself to that job.
Can't be that there is no Mod around when needed because all of them
are doing other tasks.
I am not a friend of rigid structures but I see the necessity where it
is needed.

wobo