[Mageia-discuss] Install Mageia from Windows

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 11 20:04:25 CEST 2010

2010/10/11 Hoyt Duff <hoytduff at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 8:32 AM, hmehdia <hmehdia at 9online.fr> wrote:
>
>> I'd like to write a tut on it, soon, waiting for  *documentation team*
>> starts
>
> And having to work around a requirement for initrd.img should be
> reported as a bug (you -should- be able to easily opt out of the
> requirement).

But isn't following such a tutorial which even mentions the command
line a contradiction to the task at hand?

Why is this "Installing under Windows" in this discussion here? Right:
to make it even easier for the Windows user to look at Mageia without
too much sweat. Now you are talking about something which may send the
poor Windows guy screaming, or rather throw it into the waste,
murmuring something like, "Just as I thought, geek stuff!".

But, in general I'm not a friend of this anyway. The WIndows user has
to shut down his Windows and boot into a new world. That makes him one
more time aware that Linux is not just another Windows.