[Mageia-discuss] Mageia logo proposals and selection

Graham Lauder yorick_ at openoffice.org
Thu Oct 14 22:00:23 CEST 2010

On Thursday 14 Oct 2010 22:34:35 Tux99 wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Oct 2010, J.A. Magallón wrote:
> > You could always change the marketing hype from 'This is for you' to
> > 'What do you want ? We have it !', and state different lists of 'what
> > we have' for different groups. So you're promoting the _same_ distro,
> > not different brands/versions, for everyone. And at the end...
> > 'we even have a predefined package set for you to install your servers
> > or your desktops, your office or gaming box, no funny package cherry
> > picking...'.
>
> I like this idea, this is exactly how I would do it too, but then
> what do I know, I'm only a dumb techie, not a marketing expert...

And I'm only a dumb Marketing Guy and not a programming expert, so we should
make a good team.  :)

However, this sort of research goes on all the time, questions are asked by
Google of their data mining, by research companies and the like and Marketing
People pay much money to these companies for the results.

And in fact we know a lot of the answers already.  What you suggest above is
in fact valid in certain market segments, but it doesn't work for all.  But
then that's we do, define a market and find out what criteria are valid for
that market and package to suit.

Cheers
GL

--
Graham Lauder,

INGOTs Assessor Trainer
(International Grades in Open Technologies)
www.theingots.org