[Mageia-discuss] Mageia logo proposals and selection

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Sat Oct 16 17:37:07 CEST 2010

Le 2010-10-16 11:24, Juergen Harms a écrit :
> On 10/16/2010 09:29 AM, Morgan Leijström wrote:
>> I agree with most everything said
> Not quite evident to understand in this quite controversial discussion!
>
> I cant keep my tong away from my cheek - sorry. The real point for my
> reply is: I am getting more and more confused with the ultimate goal
> pursued by Mageia:
>
> - (1) Does Mageia define its profile and then develops sales arguments
> for how to sell the distro?
> or
> - (2) Does Mageia make a list of sales arguments and then designs the
> distro that goes with these arguments?
>
> Probably it is a mix of both - but there should be a clear priority. I
> had understood Mageia to be a community distro, i.e. no question, (1):
> shape the distro according to the needs of the community - and then (OK,
> plan beforehand) see how to hook more "customers". I believe in the
> solidity of the community behind Mageia and its opinions - what this
> community judges right has a large probability of being "right" - why
> forget this achievement and base judgement on opportunity (afraid, my
> tong again ...)

Thanks for your note. You are absolutely correct.

We are just in the planning stages of the marketing philosophy, so these
discussions are important feedback for the Mageia marketing team. We are
lurking the user/dev discussion groups and trying to pick up feedback as
well as asking questions to the community to gauge community expectations.

We have to keep in mind that everything has to keep in line with our
values http://mageia.org/en/about/values/ posted on the site.

It is a community distro and everyone's opinion counts.

Tell us what you feel. We need to hear your opinions.

Marc
Marketing Team Member