[Mageia-discuss] rpm compatibility

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Mon Oct 18 00:35:37 CEST 2010

Le lundi 18 octobre 2010 à 00:16 +0530, Akshay Arora a écrit :
> Some related questions,
>
> Is there any interest/talk on, a supplemental  one-click install like
> web based system?

You are free to work on it, but for the moment and as said numerous time
in the past on this ml, we are still at the start of the project, and we
do not intend to do lots of change before the release of the 1st iso,
because changing everything before the first release is the perfect way
to never release anything.

( and we already have this feature on Mandriva, just click on a rpm to
have it opened with gurpmi ).

> What about an option for installing self contained packages like in
> macos or
> klik://.

to me, that's a bad idea :
- it take more time to download, more space on mirror ( see the thread
about the current mirror size, and the issue for mirror admin )

- it complicate the security update deployement
--
Michael Scherer