[Mageia-discuss] Mageia logo proposals and selection

George J. Walsh gjwalsh at dscvcp.org
Tue Oct 19 01:18:37 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 23:40 +0200, David Coulette wrote:
> > Instead of focusing on the needs of the community, why not start thinking
> > of building a distribution for main stream users. Think about how
> > successful companies design their products. Think about what has made
> > Apple so successful. It's vision and foresight. It's knowing what people
> > need and building it, before they even realize that they need it.
> >
> What made Apple successful is targeting people who can afford buying
> what they don't really need, and making them think it's vital.

Bang on, David and thank you too for your kind comment to me earlier. I
feel we need to somehow inoculate the community effort from being
compromised by unnecessary monetary meddling. Getting the job done for
users is far more important than trying to look too good doing it. (That
was so apparent when I did a test-run with Open Suse, for example.)