[Mageia-discuss] Suggestions

Catalin Florin RUSSEN cfrussen at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 20 16:18:10 CEST 2010

I think that specific versions must be created.

1. one for the Desktop computers (think of installing on Intel iMac or Dell
all-in-one with multi-touch display)
2. one for Laptops and Netbooks (yeah, optimized for this ones)
3. one for mobile devices (phones, smart phones, tablets)
4. do not forget the server side
5. PS: and some gaming too :)

I don't think that asking the user what kind of CPU is "newbie". Instead the
installer must be able to detect itself if it's on a 32 or 64 bit platform. Once
again, I'm not shure that if a 64 bit CPU is detected the end user may be wants
to install a 32 bit one for compatibility reasons.

We may propose the 32 bit by default, and if a 64 bit CPU is detected to inform
the user that a 64 bit version, that takes better advantage of his hardware, is
also available on download for his machine.

Just my 2cents tips :)

Best regards,
Florin Catalin RUSSEN
Romanian Translation Team