[Mageia-discuss] about the Mageia Code of Conduct

andré andr55 at laposte.net
Thu Oct 21 08:36:50 CEST 2010

Frederic Janssens a écrit :
> Some remarks about the Mageia Code of Conduct proposal
>
> http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=codeofconduct
>
> I think the part
>
> "Our community is made up of a number of individuals and organizations
> which can roughly be divided into two groups:
>
>    *
>       Contributors, or those who add value to the project through
>       improving distribution and any project from Mageia
>    *
>       Users, or those who add value to the project through their
>       support as users of Mageia"
>
> should be reformulated.
>
> There have been several proposals in the ML in favor of making it
> easyer for users to participate more actively in the Mageia Project.
> The aim is to lower the threshold for active participation : help in
> the ML's or Forums, help to report bugs, ...
>
> So I think that should be reflected in this document by avoiding to
> suggest that one must be in the one or the other category. We should
> emphasise that there is a continuum of involvement, not a jump into
> another status.
>
> --
>
> Frederic

Maybe we should stress *roles*, which of course can overlap.
Perhaps something like :
" ... who have many roles, such as :
     + Developing, who develop the software
     + Packaging ...
     + Quality assurance ...
     + Translating ...
     + Mentoring on the forums ...
     + Bug reporters ...
     + Users ... "

Of course, only the last is not necessarily a contributor, in the larger
sense of the word.

my 2 cents

- André (andre999)