[Mageia-discuss] Suggestions

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 23 15:46:40 CEST 2010

2010/10/23 Marc Paré <marc at marcpare.com>:

> I don't think this would be the intent of these categories, there would of
> course be cross-category software but the user could certainly tag more than
> one category than another.
>
> There could even be some kind of information bubble for each category
> detailing the type of software assigned to it.

Well, that's exactly what we have in Mandriva:
 - a main selection between KDE, Gnome and Custom
 - below that several categories with sub-categories.
 - user can tag whatever he wants.
 - a "standard system" is already defined and tagged for the new user,
depending on the first selection (DE).
Even the bubbles are there, explaining what each category does.

In other words: what you describe as "we could have" is already there,
in total and very well defined. :)

--
wobo