[Mageia-discuss] Suggestions

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Tue Oct 26 07:33:41 CEST 2010

Juergen Harms a écrit :

> A couple of loose ideas that come when following the discussion:
>
> 1. Have packages pass "description QA" reading, done by non-technical
> users (if implemented, easy with packages that are new or underwent a
> major new release, how also catch packages that just "are around")?
>
> 2. As an alternative to direct mail to developpers, create some kind
> of "fast-track" mailbox - rules to be defined - with a triage team to
> make the link to the developpers (maybe not even with developpers, but
> with "writers")? - would also allow to keep track of what is going on,
> and serve as a "filter".
>
> 3. I suggest to separate the question of translation and of the
> quality of descriptions - they have different priorities and
> implications.

Normally translation is made on the current source text, and often in
real time.  That is, as soon as a change is made in the text, it is
immediately available for translation.  This process is used by
Openoffice and Mozilla (Firefox, Seamonkey, Thunderbird), for example,
So for package description, as soon as any description (or change) is
posted, it would be immediately available for translation, by the
various localisation groups.