[Mageia-discuss] Suggestions

Renaud MICHEL r.h.michel+mageia at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 17:52:07 CEST 2010

On mercredi 27 octobre 2010 at 12:43, Frank Griffin wrote :
> The menu structure is a different problem.  There is no reason why "not
> GUI" should equal "not in the menus".  For my money, if I deliberately
> install a program I want to see it in the menu whether it's GNOME, KDE,
> or CLI.

That could work for CLI programs that have a curse-based UI, so you can
simply launch them in a terminal.
That's what is actually done for htop (maybe others).
But most CLI programs are meant to be used by giving them appropriate
command-line arguments, and so are useless from a menu and only useful in a
shell.

--
Renaud Michel