[Mageia-discuss] Suggestions for the ISO

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Sat Oct 30 10:53:42 CEST 2010

Le 2010-10-30 01:46, andre999 a écrit :
> Marc Paré a écrit :

>>> That's what the communities have been doing all the time. Example: the
>>> German community has an offer for such people to ask for a dvd,
>>> somebody will burn the dvd and send it to him via snail mail and he
>>> will pay (voluntarily) 5 Euros as donation to the community. As I
>>> learned, a similar offer is on in other communites as well. No problem
>>> to continue this way, /me thinks.
> Excellent. Including the volontary contribution part.
> It would be really nice to offer live DVDs.
>>
>> Thanks for this explanation Wobo. Unfortunately, here in Canada there
>> doesn't seem to be much community activity. It sounds like it would be
>> worth our while then.
>>
>> I am just wondering if this is the same in the US?
>>
>> Marc
>
> Salut Marc
> Why don't we start up a Canadian community to do this, among other things.
> And I can do local promotion in the Montreal area, and you southern
> Ontario / Toronto ?
> And maybe we can find someone out west ?
> (Mailing DVDs would be less expensive locally.)
>
> For the donation part, would we have to set up some sort of formal
> organization (here in Canada, maybe provincially) ?
>
> Maybe we should contact some US Mandriva mirrors to see if someone would
> be interested in doing that there ?
>
> - André

Sounds good to me.

I am a little slow moving these days. I am recovering from 2 major back
surgeries and have just relearned how to walk. But, yes, we could start
a community at the national level and start organising in the meantime.
I am already on the marketing team here.

BTW I am also organising the Canadian marketing team Wiki with the
LibreOffice project. You can see the structure that I have put together
here: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/US-Marketing . Canada
is a junior partner to the US Marketing Team until we have more members.
But a lot of the information there could apply to the Mageia Canadian
Community.

Anyway, I have server space if we need some.

I am not sure if the SC would have any suggestions on this?

Marc