[Mageia-discuss] Suggestions for the ISO

Juergen Harms Juergen.Harms at unige.ch
Sun Oct 31 18:49:36 CET 2010

On 10/31/2010 04:24 PM, Marc Paré wrote:
> I agree. This is where a great Mageia Community would delegate the CD
> burning to a member or "neighbour". Maybe even offer some help with
> installation and trouble-shooting too.

Yes, that is the spirit of my suggestion (and that does not go far
beyond what is happening all the time in a forum).

I start wondering: is there a hidden formal issue with sending CDROMs
"left and right" - not within a more or less well-defined Mageia-userxx
community? Certainly no problem if I give a couple of CDROMs to some
neighbours I know (for instance via forum acquaintanceship). But what if
I do the same thing with people I dont know at all? and, moreover, if I
start claiming that I do this "on behalf of / by delegation from Mageia?

Would be good if - once the time comes - Mageia formulates a couple of
words on what Mageia considers good practice, and what not.