[Mageia-discuss] Suggestions for the ISO

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Mon Nov 1 06:13:32 CET 2010

Marc Paré a écrit :

> Le 2010-10-31 17:34, Maarten Vanraes a écrit :

>>> Thanks for the reply Maarten.
>>>
>>> Yes helping with out with the packagers, I imagine, is always welcomed.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Marc
>>
>> i guess i worded it a bit wrong; even though i said policy (and i kinda
>> believe in it like that as well; some kind of security guarantees for
>> mageia's
>> users), but i see it more like guidelines; like the RPM packaging wiki;
>> there's a policy on stuff, but in reality mdv packagers are pretty
>> free to do
>> it how they want.
>>

> Ah, I see. I guess at this point, we would have to have direction from
> an SC member as to how to handle this situation. But, IMHO, we should
> still keep the policies/guidelines as easy as possible as we would
> like to get the distro into as many hands as possible.
>
> Marc

Good idea to have some sort of policy on non-official ISOs, but I would
only be interested, at least initially, in helping distribute exact
copies of official ISOs.  And those will have checksums (md5 and/or
sha1) available on Mageia respositories and official mirrors, that
anyone could verify.  (Very small files to download.)
We should make sure that we verify any official ISOs that we distribute.
I'm sure that is what the German community does.

- André