[Mageia-discuss] [OT] KDE 4.5.2 for Mandrive

Juan Luis Baptiste juan.baptiste at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 20:31:04 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Ahmad Samir <ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com> wrote:

> My guess would be kded4 loads at login but it crashes for some reason.
> If you have a login sound enabled, try disabling it; if you have
> amarok running from a previous session try quitting it before a log
> out > log in.

I don't think the problem has to do with a previously running
application because with a freshly created account I have the same
problem. But in both cases I see the following suspicious message on
.xsession-errors:

[juancho at localhost ~]$ grep kded .xsession-errors|more
kded(28349)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
korgac(28983)/kdecore (K*TimeZone*): KSystemTimeZones: ktimezoned
initialize() D-Bus call failed:  "The name org.kde.kded was
 not provided by any .service files"
knotify(28769)/phonon (KDE plugin):
QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown", "The name
org.kde.kded was not pr
ovided by any .service files")
knotify(28769)/phonon (KDE plugin):
QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown", "The name
org.kde.kded was not pr
ovided by any .service files")

After I run kded4 manually from a konsole, those messages aren't shown.

--
Juancho