[Mageia-discuss] Suggestions for the ISO

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Fri Nov 5 21:24:11 CET 2010

Le 2010-11-04 22:12, andre999 a écrit :

> Even bugfixes often have errors. Many times I've seen bugfixes of
> bugfixes, and sometimes bugfixes of bugfixes of bugfixes. (If you read
> the description.)
> If we go for incremental rpms (very much smaller), the only advantage I
> see is for those without Internet connexion.
> In that case, they wouldn't likely be vulnerable to security problems.
> So that leaves (other) bugfixes.
> This is something that I think, for the time being at least, can be best
> adressed on an individual or local community basis.
>
> - André

Therefore, for a Mageia Community to supply an ISO to a member who has
dial-up services but is seeking help from the community for an ISO
download. Options would be:

* provide user with ISO from Mageia without any updates

* provide a user with ISO from Mageia with incremental updates

* provide a user with ISO from Mageia with all updates

Obviously, the two last options are not available from Mageia as this is
what this thread was all about. Unless there were built ISO's at the
Mageia download site. The main concerns really are the amount of disk
space on Mageia servers and mirrors. But these last two ISO's could be
built somehow if the server space could be accommodated and also if
there was dev interest in doing these ISOs.

Marc