[Mageia-discuss] Introducing mageia-app-db

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Mon Nov 8 14:32:05 CET 2010

Le vendredi 5 novembre 2010 23:16:14, Frederic Janssens a écrit :
> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 21:53, Samuel Verschelde <stormi at laposte.net> wrote:
>
> > I don't know what you mean for sql/xml-rpc. There are functions to query a
> > database or to issue xml-rpc requests, however I don't see what a plugin
> > doing both is :)
> >
> > Perhaps I got it wrong, I thought the query to the sql database went trough
> an xml-rpc request.
>

> > > Another aspect : the priority is clearly Mageia-bugzilla, but would it be
> > > reasonable later on to try to take on (some) upstream bugzilla's ?
> > >

> > Reasonable I don't know, but why not. doc4.mandriva.com seems to link to
> > debian's bugzilla. However, linking to upstream bugzilla's may be outside
> > mageia-app-db's scope, however nothing prevents from studying its
> > feasability.
> >
> > Ok, for later.
> I did'nt know doc4 <http://doc4.mandriva.com/>. I suppose it was too heavy
> to be considered ?

doc4 is an interesting project, but it's led by Mandriva employees and they didn't ask for help on this experimental project, and until recently I thought the project was dead. I'm not against some form of collaboration but I don't see how it could take place. Both projects goals are not totally identical, or at least mageia-app-db's goals are whereas doc4's goal are not totally clear to me. I'm not considering a total merge because I don't see of to lead this project for mageia without having control on the code and database schema.

Regards

Samuel Verschelde

P.S. : be careful, your mails are in HTML instead of plain text :)