[Mageia-discuss] Icons for Mageia

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 07:48:00 CET 2010

On 14 November 2010 22:54, Gerdy Beeckaert <qbashi.mageia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After having contact with Romain d'Alverny i want to now if Mageia supports
> the icon theme that i presented on mageia-artwork at mageia.org (
> https://mageia.org/pipermail/mageia-artwork/2010-November/000007.html ) .
> Maybe this will be the place to have a debate about this.
> The icon-theme G-Xiria i use is a theme that i allready made early this year
> .
> I'm tweaking it and making new icons to fit drak-icons.
>
> Here is the preview off icons i allready maked for drak-mageia
> http://www.linux-look.be/Preview-Mageia-Icons.html
> Here is a link to G-Xiria icon-theme
> http://www.linux-look.be/gnome-icons.html
>
> The question is is this a good theme to use for the drak-icons that need to
> be replaced ?

For drakx, I think it should be considered.

> Also could this theme G-Xiria be later used as a standard icon-theme for
> Mageia ?
> And could this be later become the standard theme for KDE and Gnome in
> Mageia ?
>
> Please comment.
>
> Greetings ,
>
> Gerdy

I don't think the default icon themes should be changed. Using the
upstream default icon themes in KDE and GNOME, respectively, is the
easiest/most compatible way to go.

Bear in mind that apps in either DE expect an icon with a certain
name/size, having a 3rd party theme isn't ideal and might produce
problems, missing icons... etc.

However it can be packaged in the repos, for anyone who wants to use it.

--
Ahmad Samir