[Mageia-discuss] Logo proposals discussion

Hoyt Duff hoytduff at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 22:50:15 CET 2010

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 4:08 PM, Dale Huckeby <spock at evansville.net> wrote:
>  What strikes you as simplicity
> strikes me as cartoonish.  I can see its appeal but it doesn't work for
> me.  I prefer a logo that's three-dimensional rather than an outline,
> but that's just my aesthetic taste.

That has been my criticism of many of Mandrivas icons (the user icons
, for example): they look cartoonish and lack what the marketing types
refer to as "high touch". They would be fine in a distro targeted at
children, but not adults who consider themselves as cutting-edge.

As an aside, I don't care for the "Tux" logo either for the same
reason, but if you had to go with that style, I prefer someting with
an edge.

http://www.decalsusa.com/images/badtz%20maru%20colors.GIF

(off-topic, but I'm in an off-topic-ish mood).

--
Hoyt