[Mageia-discuss] Logo proposals discussion

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 22 04:41:06 CET 2010

2010/11/22 Dale Huckeby <spock at evansville.net>:

> Personally, I would just like for it to be eye-catching and look nice.
> I'd be pretty shallow and gullible if I trusted *or* distrusted Mageia
> due to the shape of its logo rather than personal experience or word
> of mouth.  If people perceive Mageia as trustworthy its logo will evoke
> that judgment because it's associated with Mageia, not because it's the
> source of the judgment.

+ 100

We should understand one important point: Mageia will not be defined
by the logo, rather the other way round.
No matter how the logo looks like, if Mageia turns out to be good,
people will attach the logo to something good. If Mageia turns out to
be bad, the logo will stand for something bad in the individual user's
view. It is not the logo which "sells", it is the still the product. I
never heard anybody say that he bought a Mercedes because he likes the
logo. People test Mageia and like it - next time they see the logo
they remember that it stands for a product they experienced as a good
product.

--
wobo