[Mageia-discuss] Logo proposals discussion

Hoyt Duff hoytduff at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 17:02:29 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 2:45 AM, Enrico Gsell
<thecandyman666 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Luckily the same goes for me, all my favorites are still in :)
> Tough they are nearly all different ones:
>
> My choices and what comes to my mind when looking at them (in order of
> preferation):
>
> 1. http://www.flickr.com/photos/54316230@N06/5141934927/
> All the smalls things are needed to put together to create something good.
> This logo expresses it perfectly for me. Also I like how it looks with text,
> as logo only, as icon and so on. Also looks like an instant classic and
> timeless.

To me, this logo and the colors chosen are unexciting; almost has a
bland 70's feel. Does not make my list.

> 2. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ofaurax/5127775007/
> Timeless, modern, simple.

One of the best. I did like the suggestion to add some 1's to the
bubbles as a visual play on "computing".

> 3. http://www.flickr.com/photos/54316230@N06/5063070488/
> Heading in the right direction, we know where to go and what our goals are.

OK without the star, but not very interesting. Too literal; it's a compass.

> 4. http://www.flickr.com/photos/54240048@N08/5013673327/
> Flames are dynamic, always changing. In connection with linux it lets me
> think of a bleeding edge distro. Nice colors, but don't like the font.

 A good abstract design, but the color selection could be richer, more
exciting, vibrant. Is Mageia exciting or is it pastel?

--
Hoyt