[Mageia-discuss] Habemus logo

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 8 19:33:07 CET 2010

2010/12/8 Hoyt Duff <hoytduff at gmail.com>:

> Since there were published guidelines and the guidelines were
> important and a community effort will attract many skilled people who
> are not familiar with "the way things are done", there should have
> been a more assertive effort to remediate their submissions earlier in
> the process.  In this way, more people learn "the way things are done"
> and more ideas are available to consider and, ultimately, a better
> educated community is better for all of us.

I remember your previous comments and I re-state my opinion that the
guidelines were published and mentioned more than enough on each and
every plattform there is. But certainly re-stating does not mean
improving. So, how do you propose to improve the process to achieve
what you want?

I am sure you don't want somebody watch all the incoming suggestions
(470 for the logo) and reply to each one with a hint to the guidelines
(not counting following discussions with the artist about those
guidelines).
I don't know if there is some feature in Flickr which replies with a
customizable text to each upload. That's the only way I could think
of.

--
wobo