[Mageia-discuss] Habemus logo

Hoyt Duff hoytduff at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 22:17:01 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 2:29 PM, Oliver Burger <oliver.bgr at googlemail.com> wrote:
.

> Excuse me, but everybody had a chance to read those guidlines and I
> don't think it's neccessary to make yourself more work with people who
> just weren't willing to read those guidlines in the first place?
>
> I think there are more important things to do right now!
>
> Oliver

I can see your point, but I feel that it's an elitist and
counter-productive approach to take. If the Mageia community wants
true community participation, they should structure things to
encourage rather than discourage participation..

If minimizing the work of the community leadership at the expense of
growing the community is most important, then perhaps it is not much
of a true community.

And again I ask, If the guidelines were so bloody important, why were
non-compliant submissions even considered? And if they were important,
then the extra work was necessary. And really, how hard is it to send
the same email to a bunch of people?

--
Hoyt