[Mageia-discuss] Mandriva breakage warning *** important ***

isadora isis2000 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 21:56:50 CET 2010

Juergen Harms <Juergen.Harms at ...> writes:

> I just found this message from Florian Hubold in the cooker mailing list
>
>  >todays update for mandriva-release-common from main/updates from
>  >2010.1 breaks mirrorlist and therefore urpm*-tools altogether
>  >when a placeholder like $RELEASE is used with mirrorlist,
>  >and as this seems to be the default setup, many machines
>  >will be hit by this, effectively disabling package management.
>
> The server for the Mandriva forums appears to be (already?) broken, no
> possibility to warn people via that evident way - maybe this copy can
> help to minimise annoyance.

Tonight i gave it another try, adding PLF-repositories through EasyUrpmi.
Whereas i could not realise this since the earlier Mandriva updates, it seems
all is back in order.
This is no guarantee for probable other issues connected to the earlier
mentioned update.
But i think main problems are solved right now.
Up to the 22nd of December, the release of Mandriva 2010.2!!!!!!

Sorry mister Scherer, but i feel the need to make this announced right here.