[Mageia-discuss] Tables of Equivalence between Linux and Windows programs

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Wed Jan 5 08:47:39 CET 2011

MacXi a écrit :

> Em Terça-feira 04 Janeiro 2011, às 17:35:21, Florian Hubold escreveu:
>> Am 02.01.2011 12:58, schrieb Julia Jumeau:
>>> The best and uptodate list à linux programs is, but only in english :
>>> http://www.osalt.com/
>>
>> Does not seem that up to date, it lists gimpshop in the top 10
>> open source programs ranking 7th. The link to the homepage gets
>> you only a 403 and the development of the program stopped
>> maybe 3 years ago.
>
> Florian Hubold,
>
> Most tables are outdated or don't have all the good software for linux.
>
> It would be nice if there was a way to have an updated table and with the best
> software for linux.
>
> The most complete, table Kachurov, is  2007:
> http://www.linuxrsp.ru/win-lin-soft/table-eng.html
>
> One suggestion is to update with a database, Tellico, for example:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1220932/tabela-software-linux/Tabela%20Tellico-
> software-linux-x-win-Kachurov-Artem.html
>
> Another is to use the own database of distribution with a good and easy query
> option.

I think that this is the best way, as we can focus on what we offer in
Mageia first.
mageia-app-db (still under heavy development) already tries to be a
central point for all Mageia package info, as well as for sources of
non-Mageia packages (using the sofie database).
So using mageia-app-db for equivalences is a natural extension.

> MacXi

André