[Mageia-discuss] Fwd: Results of the App Installer Meeting

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Thu Jan 27 21:57:33 CET 2011

Samuel Verschelde a écrit :

> Le jeudi 27 janvier 2011 21:09:21, Maarten Vanraes a écrit :
>> Hi, could you ask for a small editorial edit?
>>
>> Samuel: We already agreed that we would like the current Ubuntu Software
>> Center to be improved and used in various distributions.
>>
>> the "We" here stands for people at that meeting, while due to the leading
>> questions it seems you tell them "We(Mageia) already agreed ...".
>>
>> out of context ripping is dangerous.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Maarten
>
> I could ask, but do you think there is a real danger of mis-interpretation ? I
> said "used in various distributions" and not "used in Mageia", so this is a
> strong hint that I'm talking about the meeting in Nuremberg, to me.
>
> But if you really feel it necessary, I can try to ask for a little modification
> (not easy, because the same sentence is already in 3 different places, once in
> the full story, twice in the interview).
>
> Regards
>
> Samuel

To me it seemed clear enough that you were talking about the views at
the meeting and the directions you'd like to see for Mageia.
Considering that Mageia is known to be at an early stage of development,
I don't think that many would expect Mageia to be very decided yet anyway.
In sum, I think it was a good interview.
Plus your project is excellent for attacting interest to Mageia. :)

My 2 cents

--
André