[Mageia-discuss] 12eme Rencontres Mondiales du Logiciel Libre/ 12th Libre Software Meeting : Appel à conférence / Call for participation

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 8 13:10:07 CET 2011

2011/2/8 Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org>:
> Le mardi 08 février 2011 à 09:09 +0100, jcm a écrit :
>> http://2011.rmll.info/appel.html
>>
>> The Libre Software Meeting (LSM or RMLL in French for Rencontres Mondiales du
>> Logiciel Libre) is a cycle of conferences about Free Software. LSM is an
>> annual event born in 2000, and since 2003, it occurs in a different town each
>> year. Participation in LSM is free and includes beer and speeches :-) There
>> are no fees, and no limited number of places. RMLL 2011 will take place in
>> Strasbourg (France) from the 9th to 14th July.
>>
>> For this edition, the LSM offers 8 topics, including 7 major sessions on
>> technical themes. Please submit your conference paper abstracts before the
>> deadline, in the appropriate theme. The list of accepted conferences will be
>> communicated a maximum of 15 days after the submission deadline. For each
>> conference, a beamer (VGA cable), power outlets, and an internet access (wifi)
>> will be available.
>
> I will likely propose a conference about the information system of a
> Linux distribution project, speaking of the infrastructure, the
> challenges, how it is different from a corporate one, etc.
>
> Benoit Mortier seemed quite ok when we discussed about this at FOSDEM.
>
> I just need to write a convincing summary, but I already have some notes
> about a plan.
>
> ( Olivier Thauvin also wanted to do a talk on QOS, but this is less
> Mageia oriented, and he may change his mind ).

If I can find the time (and the money) I will try to visit the event,
especially because of the community track:

(quote from the website)
The goal of the Community theme is to expose the inner workings and
organisation of Free Software communities.

Some examples of topics:

 - How is a particular community structured (distribution of roles and
activities, decisional processes, etc)
 - Fostering a vibrant community, how to attract new contributors
 - Describe a particular event which might be of interest to other
communities (full-scale migration to another VCS, for example)
 - How sponsors are found and what is their influence on the project
(unquote)

--
wobo