[Mageia-discuss] A name for mageia-app-db

Rémi Verschelde rverschelde at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 00:00:09 CET 2011

2011/2/11 George J. Walsh <gjwalsh at dscvcp.org>:
> Or maybe, with tongue in cheek, PackRack?
>
> I get a little weary of the app thing (too much of the Apple core in
> there!) A package is a pack and a rack is where one stores one's packs.
>
> George

I'm not too fond of the App-Whatever either, sounds too Apple-ish to me.
I don't really like terms such as Store or Market which evocate buying
stuff, I think the main purpose of Mageia-app-db will be to install
free/non-free but free of charge softwares.

I would prefer a name which can be less functional (not necessarily
describing what the software does) but with more poetry :)
If it can be both that's great.

Rémi