[Mageia-discuss] A name for mageia-app-db

Catalin Florin RUSSEN cfrussen at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 12 13:27:51 CET 2011

> What may be a suitable  greek word?

Agora is the Greek word for market.

Let's try: Magoraphoria (Mageia + agora + euphoria)

or Magic Agora (dunno, got a fix with "magic" and sparkles)

> ( I was also thinking about market, in th emeaning how it is  supposed to be,
> but as in the current state of the world market is just  about making most
> money out of customers - not helping them, so this is a  dirty word... )

The market is the meeting place of the offer and the demand by definition :)
Mageia must also live of something, so... no money, no fun!
The Mageia App Market must also be the place where you can contribute donating
to Mageia and other developers diretly, subscribe to a membership that offer you
direct support or faster access, for exemple, buy commercial products (like
games) and so on. Why not?
It's not a dirty word, it's a commodity word (you cannot live without in a
modern society).

Best regards,
Florin Catalin RUSSEN
Romanian Translation Team