[Mageia-discuss] Colour palette for Mageia artwork

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Sun Feb 13 08:23:33 CET 2011

Patricia Fraser a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> Discussions are happening in the Artwork and Marketing lists, please
> join in!
>
> There´s a resource here for putting together colour palettes:
>
> http://colorschemedesigner.com/
>
> If you play around with palettes (use all the resources), there´s a
> clickable link generated on the right side that you can post to the list
> with your suggestions for use. Please use it!
>
> We need to come up with an official palette for Mageia, for the Artwork
> team, and on the same principles as for the logo (see here):
>
> http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=artguide
>
> Remember, we need to stay right away from the Mandriva colour scheme,
> not to mention the schemes in use by other distros.
>
> We´re looking forward to your input!
>
> Cheers,

I have some ideas, but the resource given doesn't let me select only my
2 colours, and trying 3 (ignoring the middle colour) didn't work very
well with my mouse and level of manual dexterity.
(The "clickable link" didn't work for me either, but maybe I tried the
wrong link.)

I think that these 2 base colours would be very good together :
#0066aa (a blue similar to that of Mandriva) and
#00cc00 (a light green).

The effect of these 2 colours together would be very different from
those of Mandriva.  The green is a refreshing colour that would be good
as the main colour, as an accent, or shared on par with the blue.
If one of the colours is to be an accent, I would rather it were the blue.
If only one of the colours is selected, I would prefer the light green.

As well, I hope you stay away from selecting (ugly) red/brown colours.

my 2 cents :)
--
André