[Mageia-discuss] No First impressions yet on mageia...download mirrors have they're own will and are not letting me to download mageia

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 18 20:58:46 CET 2011

Donald Stewart <watersnowrock at gmail.com> schrieb am 18.02.2011
> I know that this might sound strange, but with new releases I
> always try the http mirrors, they seem to be avoided so have lower
> load.
Normally those are physically the same servers. But you are right, the
protocols are being avoided and they often have free capacity, when
the ftp deamons are full.

But just an information I got from our main admin: From the release on
Tuesday till Wednesday at midnight (UTC+1), meaning in just one and a
half days, the mandrivauser.de httpd was providing 8825 images (almost
2 TerraByte)...

Oliver