[Mageia-discuss] Organization for local communites

Catalin Florin RUSSEN cfrussen at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 22 16:19:36 CET 2011

> > It's better to stay united, it's easier for the project governance  and
>overview.
>
> > Doing things locally brakes this unity and make forks and  separation much
> > easier.
>
> Given the fact that we are a fork,  that's quite ironic to try to prevent
> others from doing so by making things  harder for them.

No, isn't ironic, but every communication is a failure because of too may
factors in the way (language, culture, each own reality and values, and so
on...)
So my message is the perfect example why a communication is a failure: because
I'm not a native English speaker, you cannot cover all the details which provoke
that some people do not understand properly the message.

Personally, it's a shame to have two or more local communities (not to say
weird) and proves that things don't go well.
In this case, a local community must be agreed by the official board, if not
there'll be chaos and not good for Mageia's image.
But indeed, you cannot prevent people to fork :)

As far as we're (Romanian community) concerned, for the time being the "standard
package" is perfect for our needs!
And how can you be nearest to the main Mageia community than that? Just in the
middle of it! I doubt that we'll ever need more :)

Historically we always confirmed that the union makes the power. Better invest
your effort in a greater community, much chances of success, than waste it
locally with no continuity.
I saw so many projects or people that fork in a minority that
disappeared/discontinued with the time. They lost time, money and they got only
frustration.

Best regards,
Florin Catalin RUSSEN
Romanian Translation Team