[Mageia-discuss] User made a negative Mageia review

André Machado afmachado at dcemail.com
Tue Feb 22 23:10:26 CET 2011

Juergen Harms <Juergen.Harms at ...> writes:

> It might be more emotional than stupid - the quoted website is in Brasil
> where Mandriva certainly does a lot of promotion.

Not only that. Many GNU/Linux users in Brazil are against new distros creation.
They guess that most new distros are unnecessary and add nothing new. They have
the view that the less distros, the better.

They ask, for instance, what is the necessity of establishing mageia and why not
join with PCLinuxOS. Many are br-linux.org site commentators.

But this argument has some truth: before Mandriva, Conectiva was the largest
distro in Brazil and, after, this post was occuped by Kurumin, a Knoppix
national live-cd remaster. From Kurumin, and later (K)Ubuntu, came many current
distros.

BUT, we hope that Mageia final version can bring something innovative and
different to change the views and establish itself as a quality alternative
(please remember all past discussions in this list about softmodens and welcome
center).