[Mageia-discuss] Cannot connect to the internet (ethernet) without an extra command

Dimitrios Glentadakis dglent at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 18:26:40 CET 2011

Στις Πέμπτη 03 Μάρτιος 2011 18:42:35 γράψατε:
> i have this card internet
> r8169           : Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.|RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller [NETWORK_ETHERNET] (rev: 03)
> And with Mageia i did nt have any problem since yesterday that i dont have internet connexion
>
> To be connected i have to execute this commande:
> ethtool -s eth0 autoneg off
>
> Before (mandriva) i had this setting:
>
> i created this file:
> /etc/modprobe.d/r8169.conf
>
> with this content:
> # turn off autonegotiation on the r8169 ethernet driver
> install r8169 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install r8169 && /usr/sbin/ethtool -s eth0 autoneg off
>

> The problem is that now it does nt work and i have to run the command "ethtool -s eth0 autoneg off" manually
>
> Is any other setting that i can to do have internet connexion on every boot, or to execute this command on boot
>

> Thanks

I added the command in the file /etc/rc.d/rc.local and it is connected after reboot.
/etc/rc.d/

[dglent at localhost ~]$ cat /etc/rc.d/rc.local
#!/bin/sh
#
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides: rc.local
# X-Mandriva-Compat-Mode
# Default-Start: 2 3 4 5
# Short-Description: Local initialization script
#              You can put your own initialization stuff in here if you don't
#              want to do the full Sys V style init stuff.
### END INIT INFO

touch /var/lock/subsys/local
ethtool -s eth0 autoneg off

I dont know if it is important but it has the word Mandriva this file

--
Dimitrios Glentadakis