[Mageia-discuss] How much space for Mageia?

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 17 13:27:56 CET 2011

2011/3/17 nicolas vigier <boklm at mars-attacks.org>:

> Do you have a list of rpm that were installed on Mandriva, and a list of
> rpm that are now installed on Mageia ?

I'm afraid, no. Now Mandriva has been replaced by Mageia, so no info
about the Mandriva installation is available any more.

> You can also print size of packages with :
>  rpm -qa --qf "%{NAME} %{SIZE}\n"

I know that and yes, I will take my time and compare packages with a
Mandriva installation on another machine. But I guess the difference
is not in size of the single packages, may be more in dependencies. If
I can find the time I can re-install Mandriva and gather a list, then
re-install Mageia and then compare the lists. Not before next week.

Anyhow, my question was more like "has anybody else experienced this". :)

--
wobo