[Mageia-discuss] emacs text selection

Juergen Harms Juergen.Harms at unige.ch
Wed Mar 23 10:51:52 CET 2011

On 03/22/2011 09:34 AM, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
> Wow! I'm in a time warp, thinking back 10-12 years when I spent my
> time with emacs-lisp to make Emacs/Gnus do what I want it to do!

Worse than that - my fidelity to xemacs goes back more than 25 years,
when xemacs was about the only nice solution for text editing on a dumb
terminal. At that time, xemacs was incomparably preferable to emacs -
that has changed (the woes of coding with lisp, elas have not - but most
of the lisp functions from that time still work). My fingers still
prefer emacs to kwrite.