[Mageia-discuss] Mageia-discuss Digest, Vol 8, Issue 16: GeForce 210

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Mon Apr 18 13:46:25 CEST 2011

On Monday 18 April 2011 20:00:02 mageia-discuss-request at mageia.org wrote:
> GeForce 210 should ideally work with nouveau and nvidia-current, if it
> doesn't please file a bug report and attach /var/log/Xorg.0.log.

I have a GeForce 210 by Asus.  With the latest Mandriva version of nvidia it
gives a display, but on logging out and some desktop changes, it shows a
checkerboard of previous screens.  On advice, I added the backports repo, and
the version there (260.19.36) fixed it.

Running Mageia Beta with all updates and the nouveau driver, things are how
they used to be under Mandriva.  This isn't really a bug; the nouveau driver
is behaving like the nvidia one, and the next round of updates should fix it.
I have never had a blank screen, but  I couldn't configure nNidia's own driver
under Mandriva.

Doug.