[Mageia-discuss] bind in fstab

blind Pete 0123peter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 06:54:05 CEST 2011

on Fri, 22 Apr 2011 04:30
in the Usenet newsgroup gmane.linux.mageia.user
Balcaen John wrote:

> On Thursday 21 April 2011 14:12:10, blind Pete wrote:
>> How do you bind (a part of) a file system in /etc/fstab?
>>
>> "man fstab" says that the third field should be "none"
>> for bind or move mounts, but what should the rest of the
>> line be?
>>
>> There is now an error message during the boot sequence about
>> there not being any such file system as "none".
>
> /path/to/the/original/folder /path/to/the/bind/folder none bind
>
> should work.

That is what I thought, but there were major problems when I
tried;

/ /mnt/mageia none bind

and a few other variations like noauto, ro, etc.

It seems to not like remounting the entire file system.

Perhaps there is a recursion problem?

Thanks.

--
blind Pete