[Mageia-discuss] Mageia mentioned at Netzwelt

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Wed May 4 13:16:30 CEST 2011

2011/5/4 Frederic Janssens <fjanss at gmail.com>:

> On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 11:43, Wolfgang Bornath
>
>> More: it is false, as Mandriva Linux still exists and has no plans to
>> close shop.
>
> In the text of the article the situation of Mandriva is explained.

Yes, that's right. Still, talking about Mageia as "Nachfolger"
(successor) of Mandriva Linux gives the reader a wrong impression.
This is something which has been written very often, especially during
the first time after the initial announcement September 2010. From the
start we always tried (still have to) to ask the authors and editors
very friendly to correct this wrong impression, that it would be nice
for all (Mandriva, Mageia, readers).

--
wobo