[Mageia-discuss] Need Contact with AUFML

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Mon May 16 22:19:02 CEST 2011

2011/5/16 José Alberto Valle Cid <j.alberto.vc at gmail.com>:
> The story is this... time ago blogdrake move to a dedicated server.
>
> This server is not ours, so we have to pay annual for conserv them.
>
> We will make a call to our users to do voluntarie donations, but we
> can´t for the moment create a organization to handle the donations.
>
> So we ask to AUFML if they can handle the donations as they do with
> mageia in the begining.

MandrivaUser.de is in the same situation. We have a dedicated server
to be paid for each year. We are not an organisation. As owner of the
domain I discussed this in public with the users and they voted for
paying by donations. I opened a special bank account to receive the
donations. It's working this way for almost 6 years now.

It's a matter of trust.

--
wobo