[Mageia-discuss] Upgrade fail on both i586 and x86_64

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Sat May 21 21:15:13 CEST 2011

On Saturday, May 21, 2011 11:50:48 am Thomas Spuhler wrote:

> > > without any detail it's just impossible to help you.
> >
> > They just both try to upgrade half way and it unable to install all the
> > packages it need.  It went to the whole procedure just like it actually
> > complete but it not, since it still show version Mandriva 2010.2.  If I
> > do a fresh install then it is okay.
>
> yep, it stops after about 50% after a group of packages that contain
> netprofile.
> When doing a ping of an external address, it takes a very long time until I
> get a reply but then the reply comes fast.
>
> BTW this is the same in MDV. I had to reboot and then finish the upgrade
OK, as in MDV the system loses the address of the server. restarting the
network doesn't help. The box shows the dns server, but...

If you reboot, and then use urpmi --auto-update or urpmi --auto-select the
system will finish the upgrade.
The x-window may not start so boot into a console.
The safest way to do that is boot using the  failsafe line and then init 3
(adding failsafe to the boot option may not work either)

--
Thomas