[Mageia-discuss] Easyurpmi forMageia ?

Dale Huckeby spock at evansville.net
Sat May 21 23:59:43 CEST 2011

On Sat, 21 May 2011, Ahmad Samir wrote:

> On 21 May 2011 21:46, Renaud (Ron) Olgiati
> <renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:
>> Will there be some such thing in place when Mageia is finally launched ?
>>

> No, simply because there's no need for a tool like that; easyurpmi was
> mainly used by Mandriva users to add the PLF repos, in Mageia PLF is
> replaced by the Tainted repo, which is added (but disabled) by
> default.

Simply no need? Maybe I'm misreading you or missing something but this comes
across as really arrogant in presuming what others (not you!) do or don't need,
and how and why people have "mainly" used easyurpmi in the past. How do you
know? Was there a poll that I didn't get included in? I've always found
easyurpmi very convenient and not just for plf. I guess I didn't realize how
atypical I was.

Dale Huckeby