[Mageia-discuss] Easyurpmi forMageia ?

Renaud (Ron) Olgiati renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Mon May 23 01:22:57 CEST 2011

On Sunday 22 May 2011 18:38 my mailbox was graced by a message from Michael
Scherer who wrote:

> 1) what is the current system ( I think it is based on the geographical
> position, which is a very very broad assumption, it help mostly to avoid
> brasil people fetching stuff from europa and thing like that )

OTOH, I have often got faster results downloading from Japan than Brazil (I'm
in Paraguay) probably because at the time I download, it is around 02.00 or
03.00 local JP time and the servers in Japan are with a low load, whereas the
Brazil servers are at peak load.

Cheers,

Ron.
--