[Mageia-discuss] Easyurpmi forMageia ?

Pierre Jarillon jarillon at abul.org
Mon May 23 14:39:27 CEST 2011

Le dimanche 22 mai 2011 17:22:08, Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :
> I've also listed the requirements: :
> - a filter option to select only mirrors with tainted repos for those
> who want to use them (a MUST HAVE)
> - urpmi/rpmdrake being able to check the selected mirror for
> availability and uptodate status before using the mirror (a MUST HAVE)
> - ability of urpmi/rpmdrake to switch to another mirror if the
> availability and/or uptodate status is not given (a MUST HAVE)
> - option to switch the mirror during a session if connection speed is
> too slow (compared to other known mirrors) (a NICE TO HAVE)

We can find such a thing in ntp protocol.
In ntp, most of time, three servers are selected. This may be a round robin in
a country, a continent or in the world. A specific mirror can also be
specified.
ntp tests the servers, give them the label unusable or usable and selects the
best of them.
My opinion is that such a program could be possible with the mirrors.

Your opinion?

--
Pierre Jarillon - http://pjarillon.free.fr/
Vice-président de l'ABUL : http://abul.org/